Particularize Books Supposing Deliverance
| Original Title: | Deliverance |
| ISBN: | 038531387X (ISBN13: 9780385313872) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Ed Gentry, Bobby Trippe, Drew Ballinger, Lewis Medlock |
| Setting: | Georgia(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Prix Médicis Etranger (1971), National Book Award Finalist for Fiction (1971) |
James Dickey
Paperback | Pages: 288 pages Rating: 3.88 | 29120 Users | 1277 Reviews
Description In Pursuance Of Books Deliverance
The setting is the Georgia wilderness, where the state's most remote white-water river awaits. In the thundering froth of that river, in its echoing stone canyons, four men on a canoe trip discover a freedom and exhilaration beyond compare. And then, in a moment of horror, the adventure turns into a struggle for survival as one man becomes a human hunter who is offered his own harrowing deliverance.
Details Regarding Books Deliverance
| Title | : | Deliverance |
| Author | : | James Dickey |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 288 pages |
| Published | : | September 10th 1994 by Delta (first published 1970) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Classics. Thriller. Horror. Adventure. Literature |
Rating Regarding Books Deliverance
Ratings: 3.88 From 29120 Users | 1277 ReviewsDiscuss Regarding Books Deliverance
Posted at Shelf Inflicted I saw this twice, once in the late 80s and again in 1996, shortly after my husband and I got married. I loved the movie both times I saw it, even though my husband found it utterly boring and not nearly as thrilling as Southern Comfort. Over time, the scenes that stood out the most for me were the dueling banjos and the hillbilly rape.Right after reading the book, I watched the movie a third time. The first thing I noticed was that the film was quite faithful to theFind all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/A weekend adventure for four middle-aged suburbanites quickly turns sour when a couple of strangers interrupt their canoe trip . . . With Spring just around the corner and the rumblings of float trips already being overheard in my corner of Redneckville, USA, I figured it was prime time to brush up on my camping knowledge so I can inform people what to truly expect on their weekend excursions. Even if you are like me and have never
First of the year and what a first, a simple, totally gripping story that resonates with power. Will Patton's narration puts you on that river, in that tree sighting the arrow with one shot at survival and this gets my highest recommendation. Told in first person through the eyes of Ed Gentry, who with three friends attempts a breakout from suburbia with a canoe and hunting trip. Naïve, lacking the skills needed to survive, maybe but things dont get any easier when they are approached on the

I enjoyed this book. From what I remember, I believe the made the movie pretty close to the book.I don't think the characters were very prepared and did not proceed with a lot of common sense, so it could be said that they sort of deserved the trouble they encountered.The biggest thing I took from this is how easy you can go from having a fairly normal life to having one with skeletons in your closet that will haunt you every day.
There are no spoilers here, nothing to ruin it for the few people who have never seen the 1972 movie of the same name. The movie followed fairly closely to the book, so I knew where the plot was headed the whole time. Even with that knowledge, I was inexorably pulled into the story, unable to set the book down.Dickeys continuous examinations in the early part of the book infect the reader with the malaise that has enveloped Ed Gentry and become his life. As a canoe trip that began as a break in
Like many of you, I imagine, I have a simple rule: read the book, then see the movie. But that didnt happen with Deliverance. I saw the movie many years ago, and just now got to the book. At first it was hard to read the bookquite brilliant in its descriptive powerwithout seeing Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, and Jon Voight. But in a testament to the book, slowly they slipped away and the power of the page prevailed.The plot is well-known: four buddies embark on a canoe trip down the a river in
Woo hoo, my last book of 2016, and boy was it a doozy! What a fantastic way to end the year. :)This book is about 4 suburban men who spend the weekend river rafting and hunting deep within the mountains of Georgia. They meet some hillbillies, horrible things happen, and then they spend the rest of the weekend in a race to survive the brutal elements of the wilderness, as well as trying to survive against enemies who were born and raised in those mountains. The enemies have the advantage of


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.