Identify Books Conducive To Killing Mr. Griffin
| Original Title: | Killing Mr. Griffin |
| ISBN: | 0440945151 (ISBN13: 9780440945154) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Literary Awards: | Massachusetts Children's Book Award (1982), California Young Readers Medal Nominee for Young Adult (1981) |
Lois Duncan
Paperback | Pages: 223 pages Rating: 3.63 | 9416 Users | 816 Reviews
Narration Supposing Books Killing Mr. Griffin
Kill their English teacher? Even if Mr. Griffin was the toughest teacher in the school, the one who demanded the most, gave the lowest grades, and refused to turn the classroom into a place where students had 'fun'--- there was no reason to kill him. Or was there? Well, Mark suggested, perhaps not kill him--- just really frighten him. Kidnap him for a few hours and teach him that students could strike back. No, they never actually intended to kill Mr. Griffin. But sometimes even the best-laid plans go wrong.
Details Epithetical Books Killing Mr. Griffin
| Title | : | Killing Mr. Griffin |
| Author | : | Lois Duncan |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 223 pages |
| Published | : | August 1st 1990 by Laurel Leaf (first published 1978) |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Mystery. Fiction. Horror. Thriller |
Rating Epithetical Books Killing Mr. Griffin
Ratings: 3.63 From 9416 Users | 816 ReviewsEvaluation Epithetical Books Killing Mr. Griffin
I'm really not sure what to make of this book. I don't know whether I liked it or not, whether I'd describe it as "good" or not, but wow. That was intense. I predicted things that were going to happen, and I always like it when I can predict things in books because I always feel smart or special or something, but this time was different. (view spoiler)[ Yesterday when I was reading the book after I finished for that time, I said, "I think he's a psychopath." Like a joke, or an exaggeration orAs a future high school English teacher I found this book a little disturbing. Five high school students who are tired of being jerked around by their English teacher, Mr. Griffin, plan to kidnap him. Their plan is to kidnap and humiliate the teacher. The participants include the jock, the cheerleader, the class president, the bad boy, and the mousey nerd. Their plan seems to go off as planned, except one little thing: Mr. Griffin is dead! The kids weren't aware that Mr. Griffin had a heart
The story is about five high school students who plan to scare their English teacher by kidnapping him, to get even for his strict grading. It all goes wrong when the teacher dies of heart failure while they have him tied up. The plot was very well crafted, especially the details of how their cover-up unravels. It's skillfully written to maintain suspense through the length of the book but it still lags in some parts for me. The difficult characterization of the victim is handled perfectly; you

What a great little suspense book for the reluctant reader. It is only 222 pages and really is a page turner. Students have a nasty teacher (well they think he is) and one day after they all get bad grades, someone makes the chance remark, "That Griffin guy is the kind you'd like to kill." The leader of the pack, Mark, gets everyone to believe they will just kidnap him, scare him, and Mr Griffin will become a NICE teacher when he sees what it is like ont he receiving end. Simple, right- NOT---as
The book I read was a little easier and the reason I chose it was because intricate plots and twisting action throughout most books can lose me and have me just staring at the page. This book had great character descriptions and during the story their descriptions suited them well as they story progressed. The main action was during the middle of the book and the plot was easily understood, (especially for a terrible reader), but despite its clarity and its extricating plot the author shouldve
The book Killing Mr. Griffin, is about this group of teenagers plotting revenge on their English Literature teacher named Brian Griffin. Mr. Griffin's skills of grading papers triggers the enraged emotions with most of his students. Then, they decided to put a end to this. They wanted to pull a prank on Mr. Griffin is that he could get the taste of his own medicine. However, when the prank had been "pulled" too far...It was already too late. They killed Mr. Griffin! Now, the group of teenagers
Five teens decide to kidnap their overdemanding, taskmaster English teacher so that he gets a taste of the anger he inspires in his students (who are unappreciative of the fact that Griffin, in his own rough way, really just wants them to be prepared for college). But the plan goes awry. Griffin, who suffers from a heart condition, has a heart attack and dies. Relying on the guidance of Mark, the mastermind of the original scheme, the group decides that they're in too deep for honesty. Instead,


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.